Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
Under the general direction of the Data Acquisition and/or Telemetry Group Leads, the Senior Electronics Engineer is responsible for design, development, test and product support associated with assigned projects. Analyzes performance specifications and allocates design requirements to lower levels. Performs design analyses, synthesis and tradeoffs. Recommends optimized design approach. Provides overall understanding of state-of-the-art electrical, electronic, communications or computer engineering disciplines as applied to system designs used in underwater sonar and oil exploration and monitoring equipment. May manage the activities of other engineers, technicians and assemblers in accomplishing the assigned tasks. Participates in the development and monitoring of schedules and budgets.
1. Determine, assign and implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide a total engineering solution including: system designs, electronic designs, components engineering, software engineering, electronic packaging and automatic test equipment design for all current and anticipated programs.
2. Ensure that staff performs assigned project tasks to meet design, contract cost and schedule requirements as agreed. Provide technical status andforecast technical needs. Pursue and identify problems, determine root causes and initiate corrective actions including recommended alternative plans.
3. Track and provide technical status, forecast technical needs and implement changes as necessary to meet program objectives.
4. Determine and implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed on programs to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices.
5. Develop procedures/plans that allow for an evaluation of the design activities performed on programs to ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices. Ensure that the design is fully compliant with customer specification and contractual requirements, which may vary from customer to customer.
6. Research, determine and prepare design review material in support of PDR, CDR, FDR and technical audits for assigned programs.
7. Provide system test and evaluation support including test plans and procedures.
8. Ensure that engineering drawings and documents are complete and are properly logged into the company’s data depository.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physics or a related scientific discipline is required. An advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) may be substituted for two (2) years of total professional experience. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements
2. Five (5) to ten (10) years experience is required in design, development and management of sophisticated military and/or commercial electronic systems.
L-3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
**Organization:** **Division - Chesapeake-20000031*
**Title:** *Senior Electrical Engineer*
**Requisition ID:** *084105*
Location:Millersville, MD, 21108, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs