Senior Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Planner - Secret Clearance - Chesapeake, VA
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Planner - Secret Clearance - Chesapeake, VA
- Familiarity with U.S. Navy USW systems, especially surface sonar systems such as the AN/SQQ-89(V) family of systems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other members of the program team to successfully complete all assigned tasking
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Understanding of Navy maintenance requirements and processes
- Ability to collect, collate, and work with source data to achieve required contractual milestones
Leidos is seeking a talented electrical engineer to join our team supporting the U.S. Navy’s AN/SQQ-89 sonar system program in Chesapeake, Virginia. This role will primarily support maintenance planning as applicable to the AN/SQQ-89 system and its variants. Specific tasking and duties include:
- Updating system specific maintenance plans, identifying all Organizational, Intermediate and Depot Level (O, I, & D) Lowest Replaceable Units for new equipment and all logistic resources required to support each level (O, I & D) of maintenance.
- Creating Inputs for the Preliminary Maintenance Plan, which shall be based on vendor data and data generated from performing Level of Repair Analyses (LORA) and Task Skill Analysis. The maintenance plan shall be based on the Logistic Support Summaries and the applicable Maintenance Concept.
- Updating the maintenance plan to reflect all supportability related changes resulting from approved engineering design changes, and delivering the final report to the customer.
- Providing support for USW equipment Maintenance Planning efforts, by utilizing reports and data being developed under the purview of PEO IWS 5 by Universities, contractors and Navy Labs, and provided as GFE, within the Maintenance procedures.
- Reviewing the Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), Open Architecture Retrieval System (OARS), and similar data to determine equipment failure trends and provide recommendations to adjust maintenance policies or procedures to improve performance.
- Using the Integrated Product Data Management system (iPDM), post, prepare, and/or review Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) submitted by program office representatives, then determine impacts to maintenance documentation and processes.
This position requires, at minimum, an active interim Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with recent variants of AN/SQQ-89(V) systems
- Familiarity with Navy Engineering Changes / ECPs
Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company’s 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location(s): Chesapeake Virginia
Location:Chesapeake, VA, 23323, USA