Senior Electrical Engineer (Federal Facilities)
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer (Federal Facilities)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our*'About Us'*video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Electrical Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Coordinate the work of electrical engineers with the balance of a multidiscipline team throughout the entire project's development
* Establish client relations and participate in marketing, design and production meetings with regard to electrical systems
* Assume the electrical lead on many projects
* Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
* Conduct schematic, design development and contract document work sessions at the project site in conjunction with the Project Manager, Project Architect and other discipline engineers
* Coordinate staff workload through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule
* Track the financial aspects of projects and coordinate and adjust the work effort with the team to ensure that the work is completed within the parameters of the agreed upon schedule
* Work with the Project Manager and Regional Controller on project reviews with corporate management as needed
* Direct the activities of other electrical engineering professionals and act as a mentor to other staff members as needed
* Perform other duties as needed
Key Words: electrical engineer, facilities, PE
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical emphasis
* Current Professional Engineer (PE) License
* 3 years of experience with Department of Defense (DOD) agency projects (USACE, NAVFAC, USAF) with a strong understanding of agency design criteria and processes.
* Extensive knowledge of building electrical power, lighting and signal design, including life safety systems and building management systems
* Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and electrical design software.
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* 10 years experience in electrical design of buildings (lighting/power/systems)
* Experience working in a BIM Production environment
* Familiarity with Revit MEP
* Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED
* Experience working on projects for other Federal Agencies such as U.S. Coast Guard, VA, GSA, USBR, DOE, National Park Service, NOAA, etc.
* Relationships, contacts with Federal Agencies, especially, DOD agencies and staff.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
**Job:** **Water Treatment*
**Title:** *Senior Electrical Engineer (Federal Facilities)*
**Requisition ID:** *144436*
Location:Bellevue, WA, 98005, USA