Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is currently looking for a Licensed Senior Level Electrical Professional Engineer located in our Denver, CO office. This candidate will perform electrical engineering and analysis related to various water, wastewater, and industrial waste treatment facilities; related projects. Primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on electrical engineering projects.
• Performing power system design and studies including preparation of load flow, short circuit, and protective relaying coordination.
• Contribute to conceptual report writing and preparation of construction plans and specifications.
• Working on CAD (Computer-Aided Design and Drafting) to produce final design documents.
• Developing logic diagrams and control schematics for assorted processes.
• Performing calculations for voltage drop, electrical load studies, system power flow, standby generator sizing, and fault study calculations, protective device coordination.
• Working on lighting and fire alarm system design.
• Technical services also will likely include electrical power systems for generation, transmission and distribution, cabling (cable trays and conduits) and wiring, motor control centers, communications systems, grounding and lightning protection, etc.
• Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
• Reviewing Contractor’s shop drawing and submittals regarding electrical work and investigating and developing engineered solutions to Contractor’s Requests for Information.
• Will participate in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, equipment commissioning and start-up, equipment performance testing monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Applicant shall work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Senior Electrical Engineer
• BS in Electrical Engineering required
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering Design and Construction . Including 4 years experience working in a Professional Services Consulting firm focused on Water/Wastewater infrastructure projects.
• Must have experience with electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchgear (low and medium voltage), low voltage distribution switchgears, and protective relaying and metering is a plus. Extensive knowledge of NEC and NFPA is required.
• Licensed Professional Electrical Engineer required, State of CO preferred; ability to obtain registration in additional states required.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses, and to mentor junior staff in accomplishing the same.
• Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to convey project electrical needs to the project managers and clients and to formulate those needs into comprehensive plans and specifications.
• Advanced computer design knowledge required, MicroStation or AutoCad software knowledge preferred.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as _Building a Better World_ .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
**Location (Multiple Cities or States):**
Location:Denver, CO, 80238, USA