Senior Electrical Engineer
Milhouse Engineering & Construction
- Control Systems
- Design/Development Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
Performs complex design and project management on a large variety of projects acting as lead or support for prime and sub consultant work with minimal oversight by client or Milhouse Engineering management. Typical design work includes low and medium voltage power distribution systems, motor control circuits, raceway systems, fire alarm systems, underground utility plans and profiles, interior and outdoor lighting systems, cathodic protection systems, panelboard and apparatus schedules and interfacing with utility companies. Participates in the creation of standards, the management of subordinate staff design reviews and stamping of plans.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Design to client and regulatory requirements.
· Manage mid to large size projects and programs.
· Keep Milhouse Engineering management advised of all quality, schedule and budget variances in a timely manner.
· Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements.
· Shop drawing review and disposition.
· Preparing project documents and reports.
· Maintaining project files.
· Creating and enforcing project quality plan.
· Data and document entry into various platforms.
· Reporting safety, health and quality issues to management.
· Prepare contract amendments, change order documentation, and claims documentation.
· Assist management as directed.
· CAD and CADD.
· Consistently produce high quality of work
· Ability to consistently work independently
Minimal Education and Experience
· Four year technical degree from an ABET accredited institution.
· Professional registration.
· Ten-fifteen (10-15) years of versatile electrical design engineering experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel as well as ACAD or MicroStation and Revit.
· Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
· Knowledge of CPM schedule analysis.
· Familiar with discipline specific design software and design management systems.
Additional Desirable Education and Experience
· Memberships and active participation in discipline specific professional organizations such as IEEE.
· Experience with short circuit and coordination studies.
· Familiarity with NFPA -70E.
Required After Employment Pre-Requisites Prior to Field Assignment
· OSHA 10 Hour Certification.
· First aid Training
Additional Recommended Training
· Certifications in LEED, Value Engineering, Energy Management or similar certifications.
· Manager Electrical Engineering
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Control Systems Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Milhouse Engineering & Construction Jobs