Senior Electrical Engineer
Black & Veatch
Job Title:Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, plans, coordinates and directs the engineering work for a major project, or several smaller, but complex projects, or for the design within a specific discipline. This includes work assignments, staffing, scheduling and review.
2. Develops or evaluates plans/criteria or special analyses required in support of the engineering effort.
3. Develops new or improved techniques or procedures for application in unique engineering.
4. Coordinates the design of assigned systems or projects with involved B&V personnel and client management.
5. Maintains engineering records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the client's schedule, adherence to the budget, adherence to procurement specification, or to ensure engineering problems are monitored and resolved.
6. Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
7. Others as assigned.
1. Bachelor or above degree in Electric Power System and Automation. Certified Senior Engineer is preferred.
2. Minimum of 8 years of experience performing engineering related duties in electric power design institute or global engineering firms.
3. Must understand engineering design processes, codes and standards.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, And Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends Intermediate knowledge of company quality program Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating Supervisor Competencies
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.
Company:Black & Veatch
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more Black & Veatch Jobs