Senior Algorithm Engineer SEAL Smyrna GA 1151
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Smyrna, GA
Description: Sensor Algorithm Engineer 1151 SEAL Smyrna GA
Sensors & Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL)
Education: BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
The Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking qualified technical personnel to develop and test radar data processing algorithms for air and missile defense applications. Personnel will also evaluate and assess radar data processing and multi-sensor fusion algorithms.
- Have 5+ years of applicable experience (Co-op experience considered);
- Have a sound understanding of fundamental sensor data processing components such as target trackers, signal processors, and resource managers.
- Be willing to travel approximately 10% time.
- Have expertise in more at least one following areas:
- Target tracking, preferably for Air and Missile Defense applications
- Multi-sensor data fusion
- RF and IR discrimination
- Radar resource managers
- Radar signal processing
- Candidate must be very proficient in MATLAB and comfortable coding in large scale modeling and simulation tools
- Candidate must be an excellent communicator and willing to brief work to outside organizations
- Software development experience, proficiency in C/C++, and proficiency in version control software such as GIT are a plus.
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. Selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs