Senior Algorithm Developer - SEAL 1305
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Smyrna, GA
Title: Senior Algorithm Developer
Position: Full-Time Research Faculty
Primary Location: Smyrna, GA
Travel Required: Occasionally
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is looking for an Algorithm Developer who can think outside of the box and doesn’t want to do the same old thing every day. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows a good work / life balance.
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has opportunities for research engineers within the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Division (ISRD). ISRD’s projects focus on advanced signal processing, adaptive sensor technologies, advanced algorithms, and modeling/simulation. Applications include airborne radar and undersea systems.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a similar related field
- At least seven years of relevant experience after Master’s Degree, or four years of relevant experience after Doctoral Degree
- Expertise in radar, electromagnetics, signal processing, or applied mathematics
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a research environment where there are many unknowns and undiscovered paths (ambiguity etc.) 1-3 people per project as opposed to huge development programs.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a similar related field
- Background in radar applications and related algorithms
- Existing U.S. security clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Programming in Matlab
- Experience with/knowledge of:
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Machine Learning
- Image Processing
- Control Theory
Other: Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Developer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs