Security Systems Support Engineer
CERN European Organization for Nuclear Research
- Design/Development Engineering
Security Systems Support Engineer in the Beams department (BE), Industrial Controls and Safety systems (ICS) Group, Access Control Section (AC).
As Security Systems Support Engineer you will be part of a team that is responsible for the physical access control systems, video surveillance and technical support of the security control centre. You will be working on the detailed design of video security systems, physical access control and perimeter security.
You will specifically:
* Design layouts for video surveillance, access control and/or perimeter protection systems.
* Analyse technical options and make informed recommendations for the choice of security equipment, based on desired technical performance and available market products.
* Collaborate with internal CERN services to design and deploy security systems on site and coordinate with security control room operators to ensure maximum usability.
* Conduct on-site visits, design proposals, follow installation and commissioning of the above systems.
* Configure Video Management Systems for optimum performance in the CERN environment and integrate them in the CERN Control room supervision.
* Study and optimise video analytics solutions for improved control room reaction times management.
* Participate in the design and deployment of physical security systems in general.
* Bachelor's degree in the field of electrical, electromechanical and or industrial automation, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experiences required for this post is:
* Demonstrated experience with electrical or industrial automation installations.
* Experience in the video surveillance domain and in physical security systems in general.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Installation and dismantling of electro-mechanical equipment.
* Commissioning,operation and maintenance of electronic systems.
* Installation, maintenance and operation in process control.
* Use of scientific and engineering software packages.
* Knowledge of CAD design software would be an advantage
The language competencies required are:
* Spoken and written English or French:ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.03.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration
contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
* Work in radiation areas.
* Interventions in underground installations.
* A valid driving licence.
* Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
* Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Salary: Swiss Franc6503 - Swiss Franc9286 per month
City: Geneva, Switzerland
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Security Systems Consultant Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more CERN European Organization for Nuclear Research Jobs