Research Scientist Automatic Planning and Scheduling for Autonomous Systems
Siemens Corp. Research
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with its global network of experts, CT is a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides important services along the entire value chain - from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. The support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with CT’s own future-oriented research.
The people who work at Corporate Technology are more than employees. They are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research.
We drive the development from automated systems to autonomous systems in different application areas such as advanced manufacturing in smart factories, intelligent transportation systems, robotics, and smart grid. We support our business units from the early phase of identifying opportunities through designing algorithms and building prototypes for customer solutions up to validating these solutions in the field. Our close contact to different business units enables the opportunity to participate in projects in the areas of factory automation, intelligent traffic systems, mobility, power system automation etc., making for an exciting and challenging environment.
What are my responsibilities?
• Develop innovative autonomous system concepts and solutions based on advanced automatic planning and scheduling methods, e.g. for smart factories, intelligent transportation systems, or smart grids.
• Implement these concepts and solutions in quick prototypes, feasibility studies, specifications, and eventually into larger systems and product components.
• Test and validate these solutions in laboratory and field tests.
• Identify, define, acquire and lead industrial R&D projects.
• Work with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver solutions.
• Protect the results of your work through patent applications and publish protected results at conferences or in top journals.
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
• Ph. D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Physics required.
• Strong theoretical and practical background in different advanced automatic planning and scheduling methods, e.g. proven through at least 3 years graduate research, fellowship or internship experience in this field.
• Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early developments to the level of a working system prototype.
• Good knowledge of at least one of the following application domains: industry automation, traffic automation, robotics, or energy automation.
• Good knowledge of tools and languages typically used to support simulation, algorithm design, and optimization of autonomous systems (including C/C++, MATLAB, Simulink, etc.).
• Knowledge or previous involvement writing funding proposals for research grants a plus.
• Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Clinical Research Scientist Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more Siemens Corp. Research Jobs
View More Jobs in Milltown, NJ:
- View more jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Clinical Research Scientist jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Software Engineering jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Research jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Information Technology jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Robotics jobs in Milltown, New Jersey
- Siemens Corp. Research jobs in Milltown, New Jersey