Research Associate, Building Automation Systems
National Research Council
- Design/Development Engineering
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada’s premier research and technology organization.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic Research Associate to support our Construction Portfolio. The successful candidate would be someone who shares our core values of impact, accountability, leadership, integrity and collaboration.
The primary responsibility of the RA is to support the goals of NRC’s High Performance Buildings Program, and other Programs served by the Intelligent Building Operations unit. These goals require research of international calibre and the development and application of advanced technologies to support the needs of our numerous industry partners. The RA works in a team environment with researchers and technical experts in world-class facilities. Activities also include the development of proposals for new research initiatives, effective project management, support to the enhancement of facilities, and communication of research plans and results to stakeholders.
As part of the RA Program you must have received your PhD in Engineering, Building Science, Physics, or a related discipline within the last 5 years or you expect to receive the degree within the next 6 months.
- Significant experience in interacting with building automation systems (BAS) to extract operational data, and to modify operational parameters with the goal of reducing energy use and improving occupant comfort.
- Experience in building simulations with the goal of identifying mechanisms to reduce energy use and improve occupant comfort.
- Experience in experimental design and in advanced data analysis techniques, using specialized software tools.
- Experience in the full spectrum of research activities including identification of research requirements, proposal writing, project management, client/stakeholder interaction, data production and analysis, and reporting through written documentation, presentations and publishing.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Some experience in business development, marketing activities, and/or the development of partnerships and collaborations.
Condition of employment
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Associate Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more National Research Council Jobs