Radio Frequency (RF) / Radar / Electronic Warfare Engineer - ASL 1314
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Description: Title: Radio Frequency (RF) / Radar / Electronic Warfare Engineer
Areas of Expertise: Aircraft; Radar; Other
Functional Roles: RF/RWR Analysis, Systems Engineering; Modeling/Simulation; Researcher; Testing; Other;
Degree: Master's; PhD
Field of Study: Electrical Engineering; Other relevant science or engineering
Level of Experience: Mid Level; Senior
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 40%
Primary Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Description: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking a qualified individual to provide engineering expertise to a DoD customer in Huntsville, AL on programs related to the acquisition, development, testing and transition to sustainment of radar warning receivers (RWRs) and radio frequency countermeasure (RFCM) systems.
• Master's or PhD degree in Engineering with 15 or more years of relevant experience
Required Experience: 5-10 years of experience related to defense systems
• Strong familiarity with RF, radar and/or electronic warfare and their operational impacts on US weapon systems
• Project/task management, writing & presentation skills, documentation, report and proposal
• Demonstrated critical analysis of defense systems
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with engineers, managers, and civilian and military customers in a diverse team environment
o Ability to work well individually or in a group setting
o Ability to effectively present technical information and communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
• Experience participating in one or more radar or EW flight test programs for the US Department of Defense;
• Experience interfacing with US military test and training ranges and an understanding of their strengths and limitations
• Strong familiarity and 8+ years of experience with radar systems
• Demonstrated ability to perform training and instruction on topics such as radar, electronic warfare, and relevant tactics.
• Familiarity with the DoD acquisition process
• Experience with basic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters, and RF test equipment, such as spectrum analyzers and network analyzers
Other: Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. Current active Top Secret and SCI clearances are desired but not a requirement. Selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Radio Frequency Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs