Radar / Electronic Warfare Researcher (Dev. and Flight Test) - SEAL 944
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Smyrna, GA
Title: Radar / Electronic Warfare Research Associate
Position: Full-Time Research Faculty
Level: Research Engineer/Scientist/Associate II, Senior Research Engineer/Scientist/Associate
Primary Location: Cobb County Research Facility
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Lab: Sensors & Electromagnetic Applications Lab (SEAL)
The Sensor Protection Technologies Program Office of the Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking a qualified individual to lead and contribute to a wide range of programs related to the development and flight-testing of radar and electronic warfare systems.
Education: MS in Engineering or MA in Military Science or other field related to defense systems and defense electronics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience related to defense systems
- A proven record of successfully planning and executing one or more large radar or EW flight test programs for the US Department of Defense;
- Direct experience in interfacing with major US military test and training ranges and an understanding of their strengths and limitations
- Experience in developing tactics, techniques and procedures for operational aircraft and in training pilots and operators on their implementation;
- Strong familiarity and 8+ years of experience with US radar systems, particularly airborne surveillance systems
- Familiarity with radar and/or electronic warfare and their operational impacts on US weapon systems;
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and instruction on topics such as radar, electronic warfare, and relevant tactics.
- A proven record of managing large complex tasks, including planning and tracking staffing, schedule, purchase, and financial data
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with engineers, managers, and civilian and military customers
- Familiarity with foreign military sales
Other: Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. Current active Top Secret and SCI clearances are desired but not a requirement. Selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs