Professor/Industry Professor in Contemporary Technology Leadership
University of Technology Sydney
- Information Technology
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. It is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership is seeking a Professor to lead the discipline of technology management, mentor junior academics and advance the research profile of the School and the Faculty. Candidates with a strong connection to Industry through an extensive industry career at a senior level are encouraged to apply, as the position of Industry Professor recognises strong industry credentials in lieu of academic experience.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership focuses on the development of skills and methods to use technology to build systems that deliver value to enterprises.
The focus of the School’s teaching and research is on the innovative application of technology to improve the way enterprises work. It aims to develop the design skills, leadership and processes needed to implement, manage and develop information systems and engineering systems economically and effectively.
The Professor/Industry Professor in Contemporary Technology Leadership will lead research in the field of contemporary technology management. The role will require a strong industry focus and connection through partnership and collaboration in order to strengthen the industry impact of the School.
The Professor/Industry Professor will:
- Provide strong research leadership leading to high quality outputs
- Lead course and subject development
- Play an active and leading role in building string coalition of industry partners with the aim of collaboration and engagement in joint educational programs
- Mentor junior academics to elevate their research and teaching capabilities
- Foster the PhD programs within the technology management discipline
- Be a strong research leader and actively contribute to the School’s research strategy
- Play an active and leading role in the discipline’s industry engagement
- Collaborate with research across the discipline, School and wider academic community
- Play an active role in the leadership, strategic direction and decision making in the discipline
To be successful in this role, candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary technology management principles and philosophies
- Experience in scholarly research and demonstrated capacity gain research grants and an ability to forge links with industry and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to mentor young academics and research and a proven track record in collaboration
- In lieu of academic experience, relevant and extensive industry experience will be considered for this role
Remuneration & Benefits
Professor (level E): $182,053
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full time basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th, May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
UTS is widely acknowledged as a leader in promoting gender equity and social justice. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, UTS is a current participant in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) pilot program, the Australian trial of the Athena Swan gender equity accreditation program and initiatives such as our Research Equity Initiative. We welcome applications from women, particularly for senior and non-traditional roles.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Professor Jobs
- View more Faculty Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more University of Technology Sydney Jobs