Principal Scientist Technology Group
Lincoln Agritech Limited
- Electronics Engineer
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Signal Processing
Do you want to be part of a team creating future technologies for the primary sector?
Modern farms and agricultural operations are managed far differently than a few decades ago, primarily because of advancements in technology, including sensors, devices, machines, and information technology. Today’s agriculture routinely uses sophisticated technologies such as robots, temperature and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology. These advanced devices and precision agriculture and robotic systems allow businesses to be more profitable, efficient, safer, and more environmentally friendly.
Do you want to help shape this technological revolution in the primary sector?
Lincoln Agritech Limited (LAL) is a multidisciplinary research and development company owned by Lincoln University, but with independent mandate and Board. LAL is a profitable, leading edge, independent research and development company with a wide variety of industrial, agritech and environmental projects. LAL employs around 50 staff, including scientists, research engineers and software developers. We are small, we are nimble and we punch above our weight.
We have an exciting opportunity for the role of Principal Scientist and 2IC of our Technology Group, reporting to our Chief Scientist. Our Technology group has worked on projects employing advanced techniques including image processing, optical sensing, filtering and signal processing, broadband and microwave sensing, modelling and whole-system solutions.
The position is based at our Lincoln University campus, approximately 20 km south west of Christchurch.
To be part of the future of technology development and leadership in the primary sector in New Zealand email email@example.com for an application form and position description; apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be assessed as they are received and should be received by Monday 1st May 2017.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Doctoral qualification and strong publication record, with a research focus in at least one discipline in the realm of electronic, microwave or image based sensing and processing, artificial intelligence or advanced mechatronics.
- An ability to demonstrate a strategic approach to science and a track record of attracting funding.
- You will be an outstanding leader with at least 5 years’ experience in a management role and you will have a willingness and desire to grow into the team’s Group Manager role in the future.
- You will possess the ability to interact effectively and regularly with government, industry, funding bodies and private sector companies.
- Rising stars with less experience but leadership attributes, will be considered.
This Principal Scientist role is part of our succession planning and a successful candidate has the potential to move up to the Group Managers role for the Technology group, and be part of the senior management team of the company in the medium term.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Principal Scientist Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Robotics Jobs
- View more Signal Processing Jobs
- View more Lincoln Agritech Limited Jobs
View More Jobs in Lincoln, Canterbury:
- View more jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Principal Scientist jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Electromagnetics jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Instrumentation and Measurement jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Robotics jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Signal Processing jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
- Lincoln Agritech Limited jobs in Lincoln, state_Canterbury
View More Jobs in Canterbury:
- View more jobs in state_Canterbury
- Principal Scientist jobs in state_Canterbury
- Electromagnetics jobs in state_Canterbury
- Electronics Engineer jobs in state_Canterbury
- Instrumentation and Measurement jobs in state_Canterbury
- Robotics jobs in state_Canterbury
- Signal Processing jobs in state_Canterbury
- Lincoln Agritech Limited jobs in state_Canterbury