Principal Engineer - Technical
PSEG Services Corporation
- Power Engineering
- Design/Development Engineering
The successful candidate will assist in developing and proposing future transmission system upgrades required to maintain bulk power system reliability for the short and long range planning horizons. This position requires close interaction for coordination of future expansion plans with the PJM Regional Transmission Organization planning group. Work function includes power system simulation studies involving loadflow/dynamic analyses, power system economic analyses/electric market simulation, and short circuit analyses. The job function would include engineering analysis to evaluate the timing of transmission reinforcements to ensure the reliability and economic operation of the bulk power system, performing complex power system engineering studies to determine the PSE&G transmission system limitations (thermal, voltage, short-circuit, and stability), operating capability and performing short range planning analysis and analyze potential operating limitations and develop operating procedures to guide the system operators. This role will require development of automation modules using programming languages such as Python. Candidates for this position should have a strong understanding and knowledge of NERC, ReliabilityFirst, PJM planning, NYISO and NPCC operating criteria. This position will require participation in RTO committees and working groups.
Must have the initiative and ability to work independently on most issues with limited supervision. Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues and projects. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with internal and external groups. Cleary demonstrated individual and team leadership on critical projects and initiatives. Proven ability to present technical information to an audience. Responsible for providing oversight, guidance and direction to technical teams.
• B.S in Electrical Engineering and at least 8-10 years of power systems analysis experience.
• Requires strong working knowledge of power flow, stability, and economic analysis/production cost modeling; knowledge of PSS/E Dynamics, PROMOD, and TARA/MUST strongly preferred.
• Experience with electric transmission and distribution operations, familiarity with inside/outside plant assets and experience in interpreting one-line diagrams, electrical and civil construction drawings.
• Strong individual initiative and ability to work independently on most technical issues.
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity.
• Applicant must have effective problem-solving and decision-making; strong planning and organizing skills; must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
• Must have strong multitasking and time management skills.
• Strong programming skills using high-level language such as Python.
• PE license, or advanced technical training.
• Advanced technical or engineering degree.
• Understanding of the FERC Order 1000 process.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Principal Engineer Jobs
- View more Power Engineering Jobs
- View more Design/Development Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more PSEG Services Corporation Jobs