Principal Electrical Engineer - Water
Job Title:Principal Electrical Engineer - Water
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 152362BR
**Position Title** Principal Electrical Engineer - Water
**Job Category** Engineering - Water / Wastewater
**Business Line** Water
**Country** United Kingdom
**State/Province/Region** GBR - Devon
**Why Choose AECOM?** AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in _Engineering News-Record_ magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by _Fortune_ magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A _Fortune 500_ firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
**About the Business Line**
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated experienced Electrical Engineer to play a key role within our growing M&E team based in our Exeter office, working on project across the South West region.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Engineer capable of working independently, and also lead project and design teams, on the delivery of major capital schemes and refurbishment programmes within the water market across the South West. Key responsibilities will include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals related to water and wastewater infrastructure.
• BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects.
• Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams, and able to lead junior staff from a variety of professional backgrounds.
• Experience in producing technical specifications, and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary projects from proposals and initial studies through to full design and construction management is required.
• Experience of delivering detail design work within a team including CAD staff.
• Excellent communication skills and be able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles at all levels.
• Accustomed to working at the highest levels of HSSE compliance at all design stages
• Chartered member of the IET or equivalent.
• Experience in HAZOP, HAZID, DSEAR and SWIFT processes
• Experience of major MEICA works in the UK water industry
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Supervisor Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more AECOM Jobs