Power Generation Electrical Engineer 5
Black & Veatch
Job Title:Power Generation Electrical Engineer 5
Power Generation Electrical Engineer 5
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Standards: Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies.
• Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines. Quality / Continuous Improvement: Independently applies knowledge and complies with B&V quality program relative to assigned tasks.
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with B&V quality program.
• Provides related guidance and direction to others.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods.
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
• Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
• Client Focus: Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances.
• Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
• May offer other services to the clients.
• Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area.
• Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges.
• Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring. Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
• People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring): Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
• May participate in career planning, and learning and development. Resource Management - (budgets, tools, processes, project support): Implements resource management strategy.
• Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline.
• Administrative: Administrative responsibilities may include office administration. Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup. Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs. May approve timesheets and expense reports.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Detailed utility scale power generation design experience and EPC project execution experience. Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, And Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
8 years related work experience in power generation and/or industrial auxiliary power system design
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.
Company:Black & Veatch
Location:Ann Arbor, MI, 48104, USA