Power/Electrical Engineer III (Design)
Job Title:Power/Electrical Engineer III (Design)
*L-3 Power Paragon*is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacturing and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. Our company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world.
Are you an experienced engineering professional with an in-depth design and development background working with high frequency power conversion equipment? If your answer is yes, look no further,*L-3 Power Paragon*has the job for YOU! We are seeking a*Power/Electrical Engineer*with design experienceto support our growing business in our*Anaheim, CA*location. Candidates must have experience with power conversion (please make this clear on your resume).
In this role, you will provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems. You will have the opportunity to participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
Your day to day activities will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
* Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
* Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
* Provide complete documentation, product verification and parts list.
* Write product and test specifications.
* Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
* Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
Your education/experience includes:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
* Five to ten (5-10) years of experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent and/or training.
* Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
* Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
* Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
* Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
* Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
/Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance./
/Relocation assistance may be provided./
/We offer a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive compensation package that includes:/
* 9/80 Work Week with Every Other Friday Off
* December Holiday Shutdown
* Onsite Company Restaurant Serves Breakfast and Lunch
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Education Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K
*Turn your interest into action - apply today!*
For additional information please visitwww.powerparagon.com
/L-3 Power Paragon is and Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity./
**Organization:** **Division - Power Paragon-20000063*
**Title:** *Power/Electrical Engineer III (Design)*
**Requisition ID:** *081058*
Location:Anaheim, CA, 92805, USA