Power/Electrical Engineer (Design) - Temporary
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Power/Electrical Engineer (Design) - Temporary
/**This opportunity is a six month to one year temporary assignment.**/*
*L-3 Power Paragon*is a worldwide leader in the engineering, development, manufacturing and integration of power conversion and distribution systems for defense, governmental and advanced industrial applications. Our company’s power conversion, power conditioning and power protection solutions can be found in a wide range of demanding military and commercial environments around the world.
In the*Power/Electrical Engineer*temporary role, you will be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications. You will provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision. You will have the opportunity to participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
Your day to day activities will include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
* Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
* Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
* Provide complete documentation, product verification and parts list.
* Write product and test specifications.
* Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
* Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
Your education/experience includes:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
* Five to ten (5-10) years of experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent and/or training.
* Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
* Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
* Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
* Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
* Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
/Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance./
*Turn your interest into action - apply today!*
For additional information please visitwww.powerparagon.com
**Organization:** **Division - Power Paragon-20000063*
**Title:** *Power/Electrical Engineer (Design) - Temporary*
**Requisition ID:** *083671*
Location:Anaheim, CA, 92805, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Power Repairer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs