Sandia National Laboratories
- Circuits and Systems
- Control Systems
We are seeking a POSTDOCTORAL APPOINTEE
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Postdoctoral researcher (or appointee) in dynamical systems analysis and control systems design.This position requires an active researcher in basic and applied research for marine hydrokinetic (MHK) energy systems. The selected candidate must have the ability to contribute to a diverse research portfolio and also support execution of the program for our primary sponsor. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to actively publish and present his/her research at conferences and workshops and in technical journals. The selected candidate must also be able to interface with the other activities in the department to assist in furthering the development of a cross-cutting research portfolio.
Sandia¿s Water Power Technologies Department performs research and development to improve performance, lower costs, and accelerate the deployment of water power technologies. The primary focus area of the department's work is Marine Hydrokinetics (MHK) research with lower levels of effort in Offshore Wind (OW) and Hydropower. The department is responsible for all aspects of Marine Hydrokinetic device design, performance, system reliability, system integration, and environmental evaluations for the Department of Energy¿s Wind and Water Power Technologies Office and in collaboration with industry partners. Offshore Wind Energy activities currently include Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT) design and analysis and foundation scour. Hydropower efforts focus on seasonal simulation and optimization. Through partnerships with industry, academia, other National Labs, and public dissemination of results, Sandia serves an important role in energy security for the nation
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
• Ph.D. in Electronic, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or similar engineering
• Experience with dynamic system analysis, state-estimation, and control system design
• Experience in signal processing and data analysis.
• Test equipment development experience
• Experience in design and implementation of real time control systems
• Experience in specification, design, construction/implementation of sensor systems for feedback control
• Experience in system identification
No clearance required.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Postdoctoral Appointee Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more Control Systems Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Sandia National Laboratories Jobs
View More Jobs in Albuquerque, NM:
- View more jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Postdoctoral Appointee jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Circuits and Systems jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Control Systems jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Energy jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Research jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Sandia National Laboratories jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico