Occupational Health Research Scientist/Engineer I - ELSYS 1260
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Vacancy ID:
Georgia Tech Unit:
Electronic Systems Laboratory
Environment, Safety and Occupational Health Program Office
Research Scientist/Engineer I, or II
Job Position Type:
Full-time, Regular _ Researchr
GTRI is looking for an occupational health professional to provide industrial hygiene consulting to small business in state of GA under a grant from the Department of Labor-OSHA. Excellent communication skills (reading, writing and speaking) required to perform duties of the job including: performing jobsite assessments, interviewing employees, preparing technical reports, and providing training.. This job will also require technical presentations to employees and employers as part of our outreach training programs. In state travel is required. Selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in a relevant field, with 0-3 years’ experience.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- BS in Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Engineering, or related discipline- such as biology, chemistry, or safety (MS, MPH, MSPH, or PhD preferred)
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The selection process will include passing a pre-employment background screening.
- Position will be based in Atlanta, GA, and will include approximately 33% travel, requiring reliable transportation for travel to rural areas of the state.
- Must submit writing sample (technical report or paper) for review as part of the interview process.
- Industrial hygiene sampling experience or experience using industrial hygiene sampling equipment
- Working knowledge of occupational ergonomics
- 1+ year(s) of experience with occupational health regulatory topics
- Training and/or public speaking experience/ skills
Georgia Tech Unit:
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI is a great place for intellectually curious, world class technology oriented engineering and scientific talent to work. Our projects are challenging, expanding and cutting edge applied research. In addition we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, professional growth, freedom for approved outside consulting, and a defined career growth strategy.
GTRI employs over 1000 world class engineers and scientists. We recruit talent from such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Occupational Health Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs