MR Research Administrator
Columbia University- Zuckerman Institute
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world. Columbia is one of the top academic and research institutions in the world, conducting path breaking research in medicine, science, the arts, and the humanities. It includes three undergraduate schools, thirteen graduate and professional schools, and a school of continuing education. We are committed to attracting and retaining the best and brightest in the workforce to support our mission of excellence in higher education and research.
Columbia's Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute (Zuckerman Institute) brings together an extraordinary group of world-class scientists, in a state-of-the-art facility, to transform our understanding of the brain and mind. We are conducting pioneering research into how the brain develops, performs, endures and recovers. From effective treatments for disorders like Alzheimer’s and autism to advances in fields as fundamental as computer science, the arts, economics, law and social policy, the potential impact for humanity is staggering.
Columbia University’s Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute seeks a Magnetic Resonance (MR) Research Administrator to lead the Magnetic Resonance core group. Working in collaboration with the Zuckerman faculty and lab staff, the incumbent will serve as the “office manager and business director” for the Institute’s MR core supervising and directing the imaging activities for all research studies executed. Reporting directly to the Director of MR Research, the individual provides overall senior support for the daily operations of all administrative and financial MR activities within the MR core. The individual will also work in collaboration with faculty and staff from Biomedical Engineering and Radiology in support of the research of the Director of MR Research.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and manages all scheduling of MR system use, reimbursement, service contracts, maintenance, upgrades, and MR core office functions, including supply orders and inventory control.
- Manages accounting for all operating costs of the MR Core and prepares monthly reports outlining scanner volume.
- Aids in preparation and management of grants and contracts related to system use.
- Serves as the central point of contact for all copies of all IDE, IRB, IACUC, controlled substance, volunteer recruiting and consent, HIPPA, user training and other records related to experiments conducted on the instruments of the MR Core.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships directly with Principal Investigators (PI) and works cooperatively with students and staff members on all aspects of MR Imaging administration.
- Serves as a representative of the Zuckerman Institute on MR Imaging matters.
- Manages MR core team providing general supervision on all activities including work schedules, in-service trainings, performance reviews; ensures staff members remain in compliance with all regulatory Institute, Department and University requirements.
- Develops and ensures implementation of policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to operations, logistics and safety while maintaining documentation of training for all system users
- Provides support on special projects and performs other job related duties, as required.
Master’s degree in research administration or similar field, including at least five (5) years of related experience is required. Prior experience in a management / supervisory role is necessary. Must be proficient in Excel. Prior experience in a MR core facility research environment highly desired, in particular in setting up and/or managing a laboratory.
Demonstrated customer service focus with the ability to interact and collaborate with multiple constituencies. Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects under tight time deadlines. Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team while exercising independent judgment essential.
The successful candidate must possess effective leadership and possess a proven ability to lead staff in a change environment. The candidate will be flexible in nature, have a sound judgment with a collaborative style that fosters teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization. Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
The employee taking this position will be called upon to perform many duties as mentioned herein and other, as required to build and maintain a new research lab in a complex and changing environment with many scientists and technicians using a large inventory to scientific instruments in studies involving human volunteer and lab animal subjects. The successful applicant will be able to operate comfortably and effectively in this highly stimulating environment.
The Zuckerman Institute brings together researchers to explore aspects of mind and brain, through the exchange of ideas and active collaboration. The Zuckerman Institute's home will be the Jerome L. Greene Science Center on Columbia's new Manhattanville campus.
More information about the Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute can be found at: www.zuckermaninstitute.columbia.edu
To be considered an applicant, all interested parties MUST apply through the Columbia University online employment application system. Paste the following quick link into your browser to access this position posting:
Columbia University is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Analyst Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Research Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Columbia University- Zuckerman Institute Jobs