Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Title: Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Location: United States-MI-US-Detroit
Other Locations: United States-MI-US-Ann Arbor
Job Number: 20000000310
We are seeking a Mid-Level Electrical Engineer to provide design and leadership for the Electrical Design staff in our Ann Arbor, MI or Detroit, MI locations.
As an Electrical Engineer at Tetra Tech, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to mentor junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career. This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative Power Distribution and Lighting design on a variety of exciting and challenging projects. We work on a broad range of project types including municipal, industrial, commercial, institutional, and federal facilities.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated senior engineer with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 5 to 10 years of experience in the design of Power Distribution, Fire Alarm, Lighting and Communication systems for commercial, institutional, and municipal facilities. EIT Certification is required, and PE registration is desired. Experience as the design team leader for complex building systems design is desired. To be successful, candidates must have excellent technical skills, be well versed in the newest version of AutoCAD, Revit, electrical engineering design software tools, and have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Electrical power, communication, fire alarm and lighting design for projects of varying complexity
- Design of substations and medium voltage distribution systems below 15 kV
- Preparing, reviewing, or modifying one-line diagrams, electrical floor plans, schedules, and detail sheets
- Incorporating design changes using AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- Coordinating electrical equipment lists with mechanical and civil disciplines
- Preparing project-specific technical specifications
- Performing electrical calculations and power systems analysis
- Meeting project schedules and preforming work within budgetary constraints
- Assisting in the preparation of status reports, cost opinions, basis-of-design descriptions, project manuals, responses to client comments, technical memorandums, and other project-related documentation
- Performing site investigations
- Reviewing shop drawing submittals and assisting with general construction services
- Mentoring junior engineers who are assisting on assigned work
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 5 - 10 years of experience in electrical engineering and consulting
- Certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT)
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is desired
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Good understanding of NEC and other regulations associated with electrical safety and construction
- Proficiency with power system modeling software such as SKM Power*Tools
- Proficiency with lighting modeling software such as Visual 2012.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Revit MEP is desired
- A valid driver’s license, and ability to travel to client offices and project sites
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Tetra Tech Jobs