Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Mid-Level Electrical Engineer
**Date:** Feb 25, 2017
**Location:** Lenexa, KS, US
**Requisition ID:** **59362**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
We don’t just build power stations – we build futures. Our engineers take on some of the most diverse work in the industry; with the opportunity to touch a variety of projects and take on a myriad of responsibilities, you’ll see more and do more than you ever imagined. Not only will you feel the satisfaction of a job well done, you’ll advance your career faster than you may expect.
We work hard and play hard; while our expectations are high, we are never slow to reward. Our team is our family, and hard work never goes unnoticed.
If you’re driven by change, love a challenge and want to have a hand in designing some of the biggest projects on the planet, we have a place for you.
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
• Prepare electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and EIT license
• At least 3-10 years’ experience performing power engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup power plant work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Overland Park
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Kansas City
**Job Segment:** Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, Engineering
Location:Lenexa, KS, 66219, USA