Mechanical Engineer Design â€“ ELSYS - 1347
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Electronics Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: In this role you will work on a variety of different projects for the ELSYS lab as well as other labs in GTRI. Some of your work will be to: generate design concepts and preliminary designs, cost estimates, 3D CAD models, structural and thermal analysis, specifications, final detailed designs, and fabrication drawings; purchase materials and components; coordinate fabrication, assembly, installation, and integration; set up and conduct experiments; prepare progress reports, O&M manuals, and design review presentations; develop white papers and project proposals.
- Mechanical design for avionics systems
- Reverse engineering of mechanical assemblies and devices in avionics systems
- Preparation of technical data packages to specifically document mechanical specifications required to manufacture an avionics assembly.
- Participate in testing and qualification of avionics systems
Core competencies for this position:
- 4 to 10 years broad-based mechanical engineering design and analysis experience across several disciplines: machine design, structures, kinematics, vibration, thermal design and analysis, fluid flow, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronic packaging, servo controls. Knowledge of material properties and machine shop fabrication processes.
- Must be proficient with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred). FEA experience preferred
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree.
- A Master’s degree and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree and four (4) years' relevant full-time experience. For candidates holding the Doctoral degree, the last two (2) years of employment prior to employment at Georgia Tech will be considered if adequately documented, and the four-year time in grade requirement be reduced to two (2) years for candidates so qualified.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- DoD SECRET clearance or ability to obtain a SECRET clearance within six months after your employment with Georgia Tech Research Institute begins is required.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs