Manager, Electrical Engineering - Hach - Loveland, CO
- Instrumentation and Measurement
Job Title:Manager, Electrical Engineering - Hach - Loveland, CO
**Danaher Company Description**
*Hach*is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. As a recognized global leader in the industry, we have enjoyed strong, consistent growth year over year. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
Ensure water quality for people around the world.
We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
We're seeking an experienced engineering manager to serve as a functional leader for the Electrical Engineering team. The objectives for this role are to build core-competency in electrical engineering, develop career progressions and implement standard work to deliver consistently from the electrical engineering team.
• Develop, and ultimately implement strategic activities to improve the new product development process, design controls and critical design reviews.
• Evaluate 10-15 electrical design engineer associates in the capacity of performance plans, development plans and merit recommendations.
• Directly coaches, trains, and counsel’s associates to improve performance.
• Design and analyze electrical hardware circuits to achieve functional requirements and quantitative specifications.
• Ensure compliance to electrical design processes, and provide guidance/direction for the improvement of those processes during electrical development projects/programs.
• Drive to make product design and development process improvements and manufacturing processes improvements for electronics to ensure high reliability and sustainability.
• Work with electrical compliance teams to achieve Electrical Safety and EMC requirements
• Facilitates diverse and cross functional review for Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews
• Works with business unit to evaluate and make recommendations on open innovation opportunities
• Coordinates across development efforts to ensure consistency and leverage of common technologies
• Reviews design and development efforts by other teams to ensure adherence to good design practices.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 10 or more years of directly relevant progressive experience in board level electrical design, PCB layout, schematic capture and spice simulation.
• Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in an engineering management capacity.
• Expert knowledge of error budgets and trade-off analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of Low level analog measurements in the presence of noise
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office tools.
• Very good teamwork skills and communication skills.
• Good understanding Agile Development.
• Experience with embedded firmware, real-time operating systems (RTOS), and HW/SW interactions.
• Experience in developing fluidics systems.
• Experience developing HDL code for FPGA’s.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
/The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change./
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Danaher Corporation Overview**
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
**Job Function:** Research and Development / Scientific
**Primary Location:** North America-United States-CO-Loveland
**Req ID:** HAC003381
Location:Loveland, CO, 80539, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Supervisor Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Instrumentation and Measurement Jobs
- View more Danaher Corporation Jobs