Manager, Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
Job Title:Manager, Electrical Engineering
L-3 Maritime Systems located in Ayer, MA is currently recruiting for a*Manager of Electrical Engineering*. L-3 Maritime Systems is a foremost integrator of naval and marine electrical and electronic systems including machinery and damage control, integrated bridge and navigation systems and electronic propulsion systems. L-3 Maritime Systems can provide complete turn-key, whole-ship, electrical and electronic integration for vessels of any size and complexity.
Responsible for the Electrical Engineering department work for Bid & Proposal, Requirements Analysis & Alternative Concepts, Preliminary & Detailed design, First Article Build & Test and Product Involvement. The Electrical Engineering Manager ensures that department work products meet requirements, schedule, and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Accomplishes electrical engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
* Assigns staff to tasks.
* Monitors staff adherence to requirements, schedule, and budget. Initiates corrective action, as needed.
* Meets electrical engineering financial objectives by forecasting electrical engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Enforces compliance to process requirements, company requirements, and sound engineering practices.
* Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
* Updates job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Education and Experience
* BSEE/MSEE in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* 7-10 years industry experience, with 2-5 years experience leading technical teams or organizations
* Preference given to candidates with component / system test experience, and / or standards engineering experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
* Exceptional leadership and decision making skills.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
* Must be available to travel
* Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
* Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ and Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®, Microsoft Project® and Microsoft Visio® software).
L-3 is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
**Organization:** **Maritime Operations - VA-21000127*
**Title:** *Manager, Electrical Engineering*
**Requisition ID:** *086171*
Location:Ayer, MA, 01432, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Supervisor Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs