Looking for candidates, Senior BOP Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Looking for candidates, Senior BOP Electrical Engineer
GE’s Power Services business, headquartered in Baden, Switzerland, delivers world-class solutions for our customers across total plant assets and their operational lifetimes. This organization supports 2,800+ customers worldwide with an installed base of 28,000+ power generation assets, which includes other OEMs, and taps into the Industrial Internet to improve the performance of our solutions over the entire life cycle through the power of software and big data analytics.
Sr. Electrical Balance Of Plant (BOP) Engineer is a critical role responsible for identifying & enabling the implementation of leading edge power generation technologies related to significant upgrades to our customer’s Simple & Combined Cycle power plants. This role is instrumental in leading & enabling Customer outcomes in highly complex plant solutions, ensuring full benefit of upgrades leveraging the GE Store.
The Power Services (PS) Engineering team in Latin America (LatAm) is looking for a highly effective and energetic Senior Electrical BOP Engineer with proven results related to technical power plant electrical systems for simple and combined cycle power plants. This includes an individual with significant engineering, design, performance evaluation in electrical downstream equipment (i.e. Iso-phase duct, generator circuit breakers, step-up transformers, start-up and excitation systems, etc) and experience that seeks a challenging and rewarding technical career path driving the implementation of leading edge power generation technologies.
As Sr. Electrical Balance Of Plant (BOP) Engineer, you will be responsible for leading some of Power Services’s most challenging projects, including the long term identification, development & management of technology & integrated electrical systems solutions for our customers’ complex project /complex upgrade opportunities. You will be responsible for the ownership, management & fulfillment of assigned projects & activities, including the consolidation of scope definition for multi-technology / complex projects from ITO thru OTR (or “ITR” ownership), ensuring smooth & effective ITO/OTR transition (Continuity) & will be responsible for driving cost of quality reductions resulting from the fulfillment of the opportunities.
Responsibilities of the above include, but are not limited to, activities such as:
- Define & own strategies / processes for upgrade cause & effect / plant solutions and/or methodologies for large scale upgrades for Simple/Combined cycle (gas, steam, HRSG, generator, etc.) electrical components & systems.
- Integrate power plant technologies & solutions along with NTI/NPI’s to deliver effective outcomes for customer plant needs.
- Work collaboratively with commercial, project management & engineering teams to understand customer needs along with market requirements & dynamics to timely develop differentiated solutions for most complex PS opportunities.
- Lead efforts to integrate & deploy proposed solutions working in a boundary-less fashion with all technology teams.
- Become the single point of contact for assigned complex opportunities & ensuring a smooth ITO to OTR transition as well as quality project execution for BOP electrical scope.
- Support the definition & coordination of validation requirements at the electrical component, electrical system & total plant solutions.
- Maintain an active role in driving simplification & optimization in power plant CM&U campaigns, processes & analytical tools.
- Embrace & drive a culture of continuous quality improvement by identifying & communicating technical issues early in the project development process before they negatively impact our customers.
- Effectively communicate & provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation & presentation of technical data to internal & external GE customers using reports, records, & letters.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or any other related engineering degree from an accredited university or college.
- At least 10+ years of experience in an electrical engineering capacity
- Simple and/or Combined Cycle Power Plant electrical systems experience
- Proven successful experience as a technical mentor for the business.
- Solve quality and multiple issues.
- Proactively serve in cross functional leadership teams to achieve business goal.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Excellent written, oral production and comprehension abilities in English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge with simple/combined cycle power plant engineering design, EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction), energy consulting, systems commissioning, maintenance, and/or upgrades including Gas, steam, Generator, HRSG, Steam/condensate systems, Plant Performance evaluation,
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Executive level management, mid-level management and daily operations and maintenance teams
- Experience in Consulting Engineering; Engineering Studies, Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, Requisition Engineering, Electrical Plant Evaluations, Performance Engineering, Site equipment/systems optimization and/or Field Engineering
- Demonstrated experience successfully communicating with senior executives, both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to understand, define and communicate interrelationships between electrical component design and systems interface, systems interaction & systems performance.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering or related field
**Locations:** Mexico; Queretaro
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.