Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Electrical
The University of Western Australia
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- Power Engineering
- Tenurable appointment
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
We are seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with an outstanding research track record in the field of Electrical Power Engineering to join the School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, within the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, on a tenurable appointment.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver undergraduate and masters curricula with on a focus on Electrical power engineering as well as contributing to the School, Faculty and University community by contributing to service activities.
Displaying genuine passion and enthusiasm for scholarship, the successful candidate will foster academic leadership and coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate teaching to produce graduates who are technically highly skilled, cognisant of the environment in which they work and aware of financial, social and environment challenges; graduates ready to change the world. As a world top 100 University we have the infrastructure, resources and industry connections required to provide extensive opportunities to produce collaborative world class research.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in Electrical power engineering or a relevant field
- Research expertise in an area complementary to the Faculty's Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO) initiative. Examples of relevant areas include power systems and components, grid integration of renewables and future grids.
- Track record in academic peer-reviewed publications in high quality international journals and grant writing success (both relative to opportunity).
- Teaching and learning expertise in the discipline of electrical power engineering.
- Track record in course development, engaging active learning techniques, student supervision, and successful student evaluation (relative to opportunity).
- Industry experience and/or research collaboration between academia and industry and/or practical experience with hardware design and testing will be considered favourably.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Benefits include generous superannuation, leave provisions and a relocation allowance (if applicable). These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Closing date: Sunday 30 April 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: For further information and to apply online please visit the website http://jobs.uwa.edu.au/
A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Specialist Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Power Engineering Jobs
- View more The University of Western Australia Jobs
View More Jobs in Nedlands, WA:
- View more jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- Electrical Specialist jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- Computer Engineering jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- Management jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- Power Engineering jobs in Nedlands, Washington
- The University of Western Australia jobs in Nedlands, Washington