- Information Technology
The Information Services (IS) department at SUNY Canton invites applicants for the position of Lead Programmer/Analyst to join our Applications team. Expectations are to develop applications in the Ellucian Banner software and other administrative systems; assist the programming team in adopting new technologies; and provide software enhancements, technical support, best practices, and training for the business units at SUNY Canton.
Duties include but not limited to: designing, analyzing, coding, documenting, and implementing applications that support, enhance, and integrate with the Ellucian Oracle-based administrative system, Banner. This includes on-going support of these applications as well as functional and technical problem resolution. A Lead Programmer/Analyst is expected to manage medium scale initiatives with limited supervision. S/he will be responsible for developing design specifications according to business requirements, programming, providing technical assistance to functional users, tracking progress of projects, and performing thorough testing of applications to comply with quality assurance standards. This position is physically located on the SUNY Canton campus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
• Coursework or experience with systems analysis and design.
• Coursework or experience with both procedural and object-oriented programming.
• Coursework or experience with SQL-based languages.
• Coursework or experience with web development tools.
• An understanding of relational database theory.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience supporting Ellucian Banner software or other higher education enterprise software.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux commands.
• Supporting or developing solutions using SQL, PL/SQL, C, Perl.
• Object Oriented Programming.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://employment.canton.edu/ Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
SUNY Canton is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment of diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.