Lead Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Lead Electrical Engineer
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare at http://www.gehealthcare.com provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
**More About Careers at GE**
Please note: this job posting is for future needs of the GE Healthcare business.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE is looking for experienced Electrical Engineers to work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and support the manufacturing and servicing of complex subsystems used in state-of-the-art GE Healthcare products. Own the technologies and architectures that enable competitive differentiation and optimal solutions. Use modern electrical engineering design methods and tools to design and/or lead high performance, cost effective, reliable, and safe electronic subsystems.
1. Lead and design within one or more electrical disciplines, such as high speed digital interface, FPGA implementation, embedded controls, low signal analog, RF and wireless, power distribution, power conversion, computers and communication networks, or power electronics
2. Engage in all phases of new product introduction (NPI), including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
3. Identify and develop new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives
4. Ensure safety, reliability, and performance of designs compliant to industry standards
5. Support on-time delivery and fulfillment through supplier relationships and robust qualification
6. Document, analyze, and make decisions based on technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Lead quality: improve product reliability, implement and operationalize the QMS, zero enforcement actions through effective QMS management and inspection readiness
5. Establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Establish and communicate quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy
6. Maintain adequate organizational structures and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure qualified personnel relative to assigned responsibilities
7. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality
1. BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
2. 5 years engineering experience in a related field
3. Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in electrical design required to meet product requirements and applicable national and international codes/Standards/directives
4. Demonstrated experience in any of the following: High speed digital interface, FPGA implementation, embedded controls, low signal analog, RF and wireless, power distribution, power conversion, computers and communication networks; expertise in VHDL coding language
5. Working knowledge of Mechanical and Thermal aspects of sub-system design and packaging
6. Ability to generate ideas and execute projects to simplify electrical design, as well as knowledge of manufacturing operation and processes to support
7. Ability to perform Engineering Analysis to ensure Electrical Design Integrity of the product to meet environmental and operation conditions specified
1. M.S./Ph.D. of engineering or related fields
2. 5 years of experiences in engineering of Electrical components and systems
Knowledge of GE Healthcare products, NPI process, and engineering working systems, such as EQPM, ePDM, and Cadence
3. Ability to effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
4. Experience with global and cross-functional teamwork, self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
5. Experience in design and documented verification to FDA Medical Device regulations (21CFR Parts 820, 814)
6. Working experience with PWA/PWB design tools and techniques for signal integrity and EMC circuit design and simulation tool experience
7. Knowledge of UL, IEC, ANSI and other applicable safety and quality standards and how they apply to electrical design
**Locations:** United States; Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.