Lead Electrical Engineer - RF
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Lead Electrical Engineer - RF
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A Lead Electrical Engineer – RF learns the practical application of Radio Frequency (RF) engineering principles, achieves expertise in RF Electrical Engineering, and investigates new techniques as part of a team. The Lead Electrical Engineer - RF is responsible for designing RF electrical circuits for product/subsystem release solutions.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Designing new products and/or supporting Installed Base of Analog, RF, and/or Digital (may include FPGAs) electrical circuit boards, components and interconnects
2. Executes design to engineering standards
3. Works within a team to deliver technical solutions
4. Works with patient/customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
5. Provide mentoring to less senior engineers
6. Leading design efforts with Electrical CAD and Simulation tools
7. Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
8. Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the modality product line
9. Developing and maintaining Surface Coil subsystem quality and engineering project funnel
10. Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR
11. Defining and executing component design verification
12. Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
13. Ensuring reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships
14. Maintain and develop competence required for the job
BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with equivalent experience
5 or more years relevant engineering work experience in a related field
Demonstrated experience in any of the following: Electromagnetics, Transmission Line design, Antenna Theory & Design, Mixers, Amplifiers, Analog Design
Understanding of engineering product development processes
Working knowledge of Mechanical and Thermal aspects of sub-system design and packaging
1. MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
2. Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
5. Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
6. Effective oral and written communication skills
* Printed copies are uncontrolled unless otherwise identified *
Before using this document, consult MyWorkshop for the latest revision.
7. Global project experience
8. Working experience with PWA/PWB and subsystem design techniques for signal integrity and EMC Circuit design and simulation tool experience
9. Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
10. Working knowledge of GEHC tools and processes EQPM, ePDM, Cadence
11. Green Belt/Black Belt Certified
**Locations:** United States; Ohio; Cleveland
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Location:Cleveland, OH, 44101, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Supervisor Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more General Electric Jobs