Lead Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Lead Electrical Engineer
The Dow Chemical Company has a very interesting job opportunity for a*Lead Electrical Engineer (m/f)*to be based in*Chennai-India.*
The Central Engineering Chennai currently has an opening for a Lead Electrical Engineer in our Engineering Solutions located in Chennai. This design engineering role is filled by Electrical Engineers with an emphasis in Power. Candidates must have an Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree from an approved university with ~10 years relevant design engineering experience with appropriately demonstrated knowledge and skill development.
The successful candidate will function mainly as a lead engineer on medium to Large sized projects at several facilities managed by the Chennai engineering center. He/She will supervise designers and drafters to develop and assemble the contract package in accordance with the project schedule. As a member of a multi-discipline, capital project design team, the Electrical Engineering Specialist is responsible for the development and detailed design of electrical systems for Chemical Process Units. The Electrical Engineering Specialist utilizes applicable design criteria, design tools, best practices, and established work processes to complete detailed design packages.
Initially, the Electrical Engineering Specialist will work under the guidance of the assigned Peer/Technical Coach to develop the necessary leadership and technical competencies required to function as an Electrical Lead Engineer. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly learn and effectively apply the Dow design tools, work processes, standards, and best practices, and to teach them to the rest of the team both contractors and Dow. The candidate is also expected to serve as a leader of the discipline driving productivity and performance improvements.
* Electrical system layouts design - Design and preparation of substation layouts, Control & Power panel arrangement, Cable trays and other raceways layout, Equipment layout, Lighting and Grounding layouts
* Design and Preparation of Overall Single Line Diagram, Metering & Protection SLD, Power system configuration option including Medium voltage distribution and low-voltage installations
* Design and Preparation of MV and LV Breaker and relays control schematics, equipment control schematics, lighting & receptacle distribution scheme, circuit diagrams etc.
* Sizing and preparation of cable schedule, raceway calculations, distribution panel schedule, inter connection schedule.
* Design of Electrical hazardous area classification layouts
* Design calculations for CT/PT sizing, Grounding system , Cable sizing, Lightning protection system, Transformer sizing, Battery & Battery Charger, Indoor & Outdoor lighting, DG sizing, NGT/NGR sizing Lighting
* System calculations and system design including Electrical load flow, Short circuit analysis and power system protection and protection device coordination, Motor starting and re acceleration studies
* Front-End Loading requirements and preparation of Invitation to Bid (ITB) packages for outsourced projects
* Detailed Engineering, preparation of installation details
* Equipment specification, selection, vendor drawings review, purchase, factory test, startup and commissioning support.
* Master Degree in Electrical Engineering from approved university
* 10 Years of design engineering experience
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following areas of project execution environment for Chemical/ Oil and Gas Industrial Projects.
* Proficient in usage of ETAP tool for system calculations and design
* Basic knowledge in usage of Micro station tool for developing electrical layouts, distribution drawings and control schematics etc.,
* Experience in modeling environment - Smart plant 3D modeling experience for Cable raceway design, equipment’s and Light fixture design, Junction boxes, control stations and receptacles.
* SP3D model reviews, interference checking with other disciplines using Smart plant review software.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
* An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
* Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
* The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
* Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
* Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
*Lead Electrical Engineer*