ISSO Atlanta GA RSD 1248
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
Location: Atlanta, GA
Areas of Expertise:
Level of Experience:
Field of Study:
Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Electrical Engineering; Or related
Research Associate I (RAI); Research Associate II (RAII)
Research Security (RS), Atlanta, GA
Information System Security Officer
This is a full time opportunity with GTRI’s Research Security Department in Atlanta, GA. The position is for an experienced Information Assurance Officer who has interest in intellectually challenging and rewarding work. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity for growth.
INTERNAL TITLE: Research Associate I/II
Manage Information Security for a world class applied research organization.
This position is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO). The ISSO is responsible for managing all information system security requirements for GTRI accredited systems. The candidate will provide technical and security expertise to ensure system security requirements are properly configured and policies adhered to by privileged and general users.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated deep technical and Industrial Security knowledge as well as provided comprehensive IA support through a system’s full lifecycle. In addition, the candidate should be able to research policies and regulations, productively interact with various agencies and levels of management, and contribute to establishing and maintaining accredited information systems.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship AND the ability to get a security clearance
- Up to 3 years of experience with BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or Information Assurance/Security
- Must possess or be willing to obtain CISSP, Security+, CISA, Linux+, MS Server, and/or other applicable certifications in compliance with DoD Directive 8140 guidance
- Should have experience with JSIG, RMF, DJSIG, ICD 503, NIST 800, NISPOM and ODAA Process Manual.
- Experience providing COMSEC support and working with Controlled Cryptographic Items (e.g. key loading devices and encryptors).
- Experience with information systems Incident Response
- Experience with or have worked as most of the following: Linux Administrator (Linux+), Windows Administrator (all OSs including legacy systems), Generic/Proprietary System Administrator, Information System Auditor, Information Systems Security Officer/Engineer, Data Security Analyst, Network Control Technician.
- Experience identifying system vulnerabilities and implementing mitigation strategies.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization
- An active security clearance is a major plus
- CISSP or Security+ is preferred at the time of hire
- Experience in an environment and culture steeped in teamwork and collaboration working on challenging technical projects
- Project Management and Leadership
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs