Intermediate System Engineer ELSYS Warner Robins 1317
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Description: System Engineer (Intermediate Level) – Warner Robins 1317
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is looking for exceptional Intermediate Level candidate in the fields of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with a focus on System Engineering. Are you looking for a job opportunity and a professional platform that will help you establish and grow your career? Are you intellectually curious and enjoy solving big problems? Are you interested in a work environment where experts in their field will train and mentor you to become a part of the next generation of scientists and engineers? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Georgia Tech Research Institute could be a great fit for you!
This position will provide system engineering support for the integration, design, development, and testing of an existing system onto new aircraft platforms.
- Develop requirements and implementation plans for integration of hardware onto aircraft.
- Work towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert on the systems and the aircraft.
- Develops tasks, cost and schedule and track to completion
- Documents and presents proposed requirements/designs
- Develop and exeute test procedures, test cases, test scripts, and unit tests
- Regularly interacts with customers throughout project life cycle
- Experienced in System Engineering
- Experience with System Integration of Aircraft
- Experience with MIL-STD Communication Schemes (MIL-STD-1553) as well as industry schemes (Ethernet)
- Knowledge of GPS, EGI, INU, and Navigation Systems
- Experience in Hardware In the Loop Testing
- Active DOD SECRET clearance is preferred
- Minimum Education: Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or related
- Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 Years in a System Engineering Discipline
- US Citizen and eligible for DOD SECRET clearance
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs