Information System Security Manager - Huntsville AL - RSD-1269
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
Location: Huntsville, AL
Areas of Expertise:
Level of Experience:
Field of Study:
Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Electrical Engineering; Mathematics; Other
Research Associate I (RAI); Research Associate II (RAII)
Research Security (RS), Huntsville AL Field Office
Information System Security Manager
This is a full time opportunity with GTRI’s Research Security Department in the Huntsville AL Field Office. The position is for an experienced Information Assurance Manager who has interest in intellectually challenging and rewarding work. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity for growth.
INTERNAL TITLE: Research Associate I/II
Manage Information Security for a world class applied research organization.
This position is for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The ISSM is responsible for managing all information system security requirements for GTRI’s accredited information systems (AIS) at Huntsville AL Field Office and assuring continuous system compliance with systems accrediting organizations. The successful candidate will have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage all security aspects of information systems across several domains and oversee the day-to-day security operations of each system, associated media and networks. Responsibilities also include Communication Security (COMSEC), physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. The ISSM is the on-site lead for monitoring information systems and maintaining the environment of operation to include developing and updating System Security Plans, managing and controlling changes to the systems, conducting audits, incident response, preparation for vulnerability assessments, and assessing the security impact of security and non-security-relevant changes.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated deep technical and Industrial Security knowledge as well as provided comprehensive IA support through a system’s full lifecycle. In addition, the candidate should be able to research policies and regulations productively interact with various agencies and levels of management and contribute to establishing and maintaining accredited information systems.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship AND the ability to get a security clearance
- At least 3 years of experience with BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Assurance/Security or related fields.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Security+, CISA, Linux+, MS Server, and/or other applicable certifications supporting DoD Directive 8570
- Should have experience with JSIG, DJSIG, ICD 503, JAFAN 6/3, NIST 800, NISPOM, ISFO and RMF.
- Experience providing COMSEC support and working with Controlled Cryptographic Items (e.g. key loading devices and encryptors).
- Experience with information systems Incident Response Teams
- Experience with or have worked as most of the following: Linux Administrator (Linux+), Windows Administrator (all OSs including legacy systems), Generic/Proprietary System Administrator, Information System Auditor, Information Systems Security Officer/Engineer, Data Security Analyst, Network Control Technician.
- Experience identifying system vulnerabilities and implementing mitigation strategies.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an environment and culture steeped in teamwork and collaboration working on challenging technical projects
- Project Management and Leadership
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI is a great place for intellectually curious, world class technology oriented engineering and scientific talent to work. Our projects are challenging, expanding and cutting edge applied research. In addition we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, professional growth, freedom for approved outside consulting, and a defined career growth strategy.
GTRI employs over 950 world class engineers and scientists. We recruit talent from such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs, Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Information Systems Security Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs