Group Manager, Electrical Engineering
Job Title:Group Manager, Electrical Engineering
Manages people, product, budget, & process activities of the manufacturing engineering team developing and maintaining test and electrical operations.
*A DAY IN THE LIFE:*
* Identifies strategies to develop internal personnel while balancing that effort with external hiring; targets challenging developmental assignments that build individual confidence and organizational capability.
* Accountable for the quality of talent - both internally and the quality of external hires supporting the manufacturing operations.
* Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
* Ensure that all individuals are equipped with the knowledge and skills to support higher levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills. This includes the management of underperformers.
* Responsible for succession planning and the identification and development of high-potential talent.
* Sets strategies and insures the development of standards and processes for Design For Manufacturing (DFM).
* Ensures that established standards are maintained and implemented within the product development process.
* Acts as the assembly factory's representative in the design process to insure the design meets DFM and capability.
* Champions the ME, IE, EE and test teams as the conduit for all process and tool improvement planning.
* Identifies new manufacturing technologies and systems to improve efficiency and effective operations.
* Develops and communicates strategic plans for manufacturing operations and systems.
* Manages the product design incorporates the DFM standards and capabilities to insure an assembly capable design that is efficient to manufacture a high quality product.
* Monitors product manufacturing to identify continuous improvement in assembly and test operations.
* Assures all staff are technically trained as needed for the content of their assigned projects.
* Participates in new business proposals in determining product manufacturing feasibility, cost effectiveness, & customer demand for new and existing products/technologies.
* Within overall budget, makes adjustments as needed to execute projects/responsibilities as required.
* Identifies and implements savings, relative to overall budget.
* Manages sub-contractor expense.
* Manages Overhead expense.
* Manages and plans for direct and indirect labor. Ensures direct headcount is in line with overall annual headcount plan. Develops and presents case for each new headcount.
* Manages Fixed Assets. Creates and Presents Return on Investment justification.
* Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
* Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
* Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Four-year college degree in an Engineering related field. Master's Degree preferred.
* Ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing related to the automotive or electronics industry.
* Five (5) years of demonstrated budget and talent management experience, preferably in a manufacturing role.
* Three (3) years of proven innovation experience.
* Proficiency with making technical presentations to all levels from technical team to senior management both internally and to customers at OEM's.
* Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
*SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:*
* Budgets & Fixed Assets
* Business Proposals
* Computer Applications
*BENEFITS AND PERKS WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:*
* Great Benefits Company-matched 401K retirement savings
* Annual Bonus Program
* Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
* Relaxed dress code
* Onsite Recreation Center & Cafe
* Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
* Onsite Happy Hours!
*WHO WE ARE:*
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
*WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:*
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.
Location:Peachtree City, GA, 30269, USA