Generation Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Generation Electrical Engineer
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 149367BR
**Position Title** Generation Electrical Engineer
**Job Category** Engineering - Power
**Business Line** Energy
**Country** United Kingdom
**State/Province/Region** GBR - Somerset
**Why Choose AECOM?** AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in _Engineering News-Record_ magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by _Fortune_ magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A _Fortune 500_ firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
**About the Business Line**
We address the complete spectrum of energy challenges, including clean and renewable energy, energy efficiency and carbon management, hydropower and dams, thermal, geothermal and wind power generation, and transmission and distribution.
The role of Generation Electrical Engineer will be mainly focused on providing electrical engineering support to major generation projects, particularly CCGT and coal-fired plants but also related projects such as waste to energy plants and larger CHP projects. The role will focus on ensuring that the projects receive the required electrical engineering input ensuring that delivery of our projects meets Client requirements. The role will require an active, hands-on involvement in the engineering and delivery of these projects, including directly interfacing with the Client’s teams and the other team members.
The generation team provides consulting services at all stages of the project life cycle from Feasibility Studies through to commissioning of the plants. AECOM’s preferred role in these projects is as Owners Engineer or Lenders Engineer but other roles are also possible. In the future opportunities in the construction of power plants is also possible.
In addition there will be a need to become involved in the broader range of T&D projects being delivered by the T&D team involving medium and high voltage systems.
The Generation Electrical Engineer will be responsible for;
- Delivering the specialist electrical engineering requirements of major generation projects, covering all aspects of the plant from the generators to the outgoing substation, including aspects such as the generators and associated protection systems, excitation systems, generator busbars, generator circuit breakers, generator transformers, balance of plant electrical engineering services, auxiliary supplies, etc.
- Coordinating electrical engineering resources between the generation team and T&D team to ensure that adequate electrical engineering resources are made available to generation projects
- Providing quality assurance of electrical engineering deliverables to generation projects and mentoring other staff to ensure the transfer of specialist engineering knowledge and skills
- Developing and managing standard engineering solutions, standard documentation and appropriate libraries of information, including Standards and CAD/BIM Library modules
- Developing and managing the electrical engineering response to BIM and 3D engineering challenges
- Assisting in the preparation of bid documents by identifying the required resources, input to the bid documents etc
- Working with Power teams in EMIA to provide the same specialist services to other parts of the AECOM business and coordinating mutually advantageous resource utilisation
- Collaboration with generation engineers in the US and Asia-Pacific regions
- Supporting ongoing innovation and technical excellence to generation projects and other T&D disciplines
- Developing internal capability and progressive relationships with Partners and Contractors
There will be a requirement for travel associated with the role in the AECOM EMIA region and potentially further afield.
This position will suit a candidate with a good understanding of power electrical engineering, with significant experience in the any of the design, construction and operation and maintenance of major power stations. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to engineer the electrical engineering services required in a major power station and will preferably have a track record with:
• experience in working in large multi-disciplinary design teams in multiple locations, across diverse cultures,
• developing and nurturing staff,
• delivering to personal goals and performance objectives.
The candidate must also be able to demonstrate and evidence;
- Working knowledge of all engineering disciplines associated with power projects with a specialist knowledge in generation electrical engineering, including experience with large generators and the associated protection systems, excitation systems, etc
- Working knowledge and experience of the structure, redundancy, segregation, etc of the power facility LV systems
- Excellent communication skills both towards the Client and towards the internal teams.
- Ability to develop, retain and expand a team of engineers
- Leadership in HSEQ and process safety, setting standards and expectations
- Collaboration with internal colleagues to deliver cross business multi-discipline services to clients across a number of geographies.
- Talent for identifying and deploying appropriate innovation to the benefit of clients and championing productivity and efficiency gains across internal business process
• Degree Qualified (B.Eng / BSc in Engineering discipline), being either a Chartered Engineer or intent on becoming a Chartered Engineer.
• Minimum 5 years relevant post-graduate experience in power electrical engineering, with significant demonstrable experience in the design, specification, supervision and commissioning of electrical engineering services required for large power plants.
• Safety Qualification
• Professional Membership of appropriate institution
• References and feedback to support past performance
**What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:_
_Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Energy Jobs
- View more AECOM Jobs