Entry Level Software Engineer ELSYS Warner Robins 1161
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Software Engineering
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Description: GTRI/ELSYS/ESID 1161--- Warner Robins
Entry Level Software Engineer:
This position supports the development of software for Department of Defense aircraft defensive system improvement programs.
- Develops software for Military applications dealing with defensive and avionics systems, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, military data links.
- Work with Systems Engineers to specify high-level requirements
- Develops task cost and schedule and track to completion
- Develop software requirements and design for new or existing applications
- Documents and presents proposed requirements/design using appropriate visualizations
- Develop software using approved coding standards and processes
- Develop and exeute test procedures, test cases, test scripts, and unit tests
- Regularly interacts with customers throughout project life cycle
- Strong understanding of full life-cycle development process
- Experience with Windows programming
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Successfully presents technical information
- Experience in C++, C#, Python, GUI
- Experience in Software Testing
- Experience in Software Source Control Configuration Management (GIT, MKS, Subversion)
- Active DOD SECRET clearance is preferred
- Minimum Education: Bachelors or Master Degree in Computer Science; post graduate education is preferred
- US Citizen and eligible for DOD SECRET clearance
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Entry Level Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs