Entry Level Electrical Engineer - Kiewit Engineering & Design
Job Title:Entry Level Electrical Engineer - Kiewit Engineering & Design
**Date:** Mar 2, 2017
**Location:** Lenexa, KS, US
**Requisition ID: 62386**
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
**How We’re Different**
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
**Entry Level Electrical Engineer**
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners.
• Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
• Assist in the preparation of electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilize standard methods and project principles.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines; provide suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and Engineering in Training (EIT) license
• At least one-two years’ experience performing power engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup power plant work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
_Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
**Nearest Major Market:** Overland Park
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Kansas City
**Job Segment:** Construction, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level
Location:Lenexa, KS, 66219, USA