Entry Level - Analog/ RF Electrical Engineer 1
- Circuits and Systems
Job Title:Entry Level - Analog/ RF Electrical Engineer 1
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics is currently looking for an Analog Engineer I for an entry-level design engineering position in a highly collaborative and hands-on role that supports the analysis, design, implementation, optimization, and enhancement of precision analog and power conversion equipment for launch vehicle and satellite systems. The successful candidate needs an understanding of detail design issues involved with precision analog circuits, switching power supplies, and linear power conversion circuits. The individual will use simulation tools such as pSpice as well as electronics test equipment. Additionally, knowledge of RF design techniques is a plus to support our product line of space-grade RF transmitter, receiver, and transceiver products.
* Design prototypes and provide sustaining engineering support for custom analog assemblies and sub-systems to customer specifications for our space RF product line.
* Design, test, and troubleshoot precision analog circuits, linear power conversion circuits, and DC/DC switching power converters through use of circuit analysis tools such as pSpice.
* Carry out component-level operational stress analysis, worst-case tolerance analysis, and detail requirement verifications.
* Evaluate, develop, optimize, and document new circuit designs to meet size, weight, power, and cost constraints.
* Perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications, evaluate customer specifications, and support cost/technical proposal generation.
* Guide technicians on test, tune, debug, and optimization of prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing requirements.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Education: A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering degree is required.
* Experience: Work or co-op/intern experience is an electronics design or production environment is a plus.
* Design skills: Detailed design knowledge of analog electronics and power electronics, knowledge of analog test procedures and equipment.
* Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows-like interface using Microsoft Office suite, ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP, knowledge of circuit computer aided circuit design tools and circuit simulators.
Competencies / Desired Characteristics
* Design knowledge of RF/microwave theory and application along with knowledge of RF/microwave test procedures and equipment is a definite plus
* Strong desire to learn about the space and rocket avionics environments and apply electronics knowledge to meeting flight-critical requirements
* Strong communication skills
* Time Management & Organizational skills: ability to plan effectively using various scheduling tools, flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, ability to maintain confidentiality. * *
L-3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics (CE) is a Division of L-3 Technologies and is located in Mason Ohio. CE is an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, CE is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space & missile electronics. As a first-rank engineering and production company, CE is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
"Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity."
**Organization:** **Division - Cincinnati Electronics-20000032*
**Title:** *Entry Level - Analog/ RF Electrical Engineer 1*
**Requisition ID:** *086628*
Location:Cincinnati, OH, 45217, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Entry Level Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Circuits and Systems Jobs
- View more L3 Technologies Jobs