Engineer IV - Electrical Engineer
Job Title:Engineer IV - Electrical Engineer
Responsible for the safe and efficient operational activities for the Mystic 7 Generating Facility. The facility is a nominal 565 MW oil/natural gas fueled facility. Featuring 1 - CE Controlled Circulation Boiler @ 4,200,000 lbs/hr, 1 - G.E. Tandem Compound Double Flow Turbine-Generator, 1 - Auxiliary Package Boiler and 1 - 12 MW Rolls Royce Avon Simple Cycle Gas Turbine. Specific responsibilities and duties include:
This position serves as the plant electrical subject matter expert and is responsible for providing technical support for daily operations, process improvements, design, equipment acquisition, installation, repair and troubleshooting.
Engineers must effectively coordinate their work activities with others such as: personnel of other departments, representatives of consulting engineering firms, utilities, manufacturers or contractors engaged in related activities.
It will be essential for Engineers to comply with Exelon’s safety rules and procedures, specifically lockout tag out.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
· Responsible for electrical projects requiring considerable independent judgment on matters of a highly complex engineering nature involving creative thinking and which may involve the utilization of advanced and new technology.
· In depth understanding of power plant, utility and industrial power distribution system design and operation. Equipment voltage levels range from 345kV to 120VAC, including DC Systems.
· Knowledge of electrical testing standards, the ability to execute electrical equipment testing and provide analysis of results. This includes but is not limited to: breakers, transformers, cable and rotating equipment.
· Participate in various aspects of work control, coordination, scheduling and engineering meetings involving online, load reductions, forced outages and planned outage activities, to ensure that assigned work is properly scheduled and planned.
· Maintain and update the plant electrical documentation and prints to capture as built conditions
· Review, develop, evaluate and implement program/logic changes for Generation PLC’s, control devices, and HMI’s.
· Troubleshoot Turbine and Generator Control System issues (hardware, software, interface, performance, etc.)
· Represents the Department and the Company in contacts with other departments, local utilities and vendors
· Supervise contractor inspections and repair of plant equipment. Assure effective procurement and use of material, parts, tools and equipment
· Part of the Mystic 7 Maintenance Team reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant technical field.
· Typically possesses 7+ years of professional experience with power plant, utility or industrial power distribution systems.
· Ability to conduct wiring changes, repair, and modifications of electrical relays and equipment independently
· Knowledge of Power Plant Operations
· Knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards including NETA, ANSI and IEEE
· Must have the ability and desire to continuously learn, improve and adapt technical skills, knowledge and performance.
· Strong analytical and organizational skill and the ability to manage several complex projects at the same time
· Ability to perform assigned duties in office or field, indoors or outdoors, in all seasons of the year and for extended periods.
· Must be able to perform their duties under difficult conditions and at all hours when necessary
· Must possess personality traits such as alertness, self-reliance, poise, tact and the ability to maintain harmonious relations with their associates.
· Electricians License
· Ability to set and test protective relays
· Working Knowledge of :
o GE Mark VIe Turbine Controls
o GE EX2100e AVR
o Allen Bradely PLC’s and Rockwell RS Logix 5000 and ControlNet
o Schneider Citec SCADA
o ABB Bailey Controls
o Bently Nevada Vibration Monitoring Equipment
o Televent RTU’s
o Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Location:CHARLESTOWN, MA, 02129, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Exelon Corporation Jobs