Embedded Systems Reverse Engineer -CTISL 1069
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Job Description:
Job Description: GTRI/CTISL seeks a highly motivated individual with 3-12 years of work experience to perform reverse engineering and assessment of embedded device security vulnerabilities applicable to microcontrollers, microprocessors, DSPs and/or FPGAs.
Education: B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with developing programs running on an embedded real time operating system such as vxWorks, QNX, or LinuxRT
- 3+ years of relevant work or research experience
- Familiarity with avionics protocols such as MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429.Additional protocols of interest are Ethernet, PCI, RS-422 and RS-232.
- Embedded Software reverse engineering– we don’t typically work with x86 executables.We seek experience with other (not x86) microcontrollers (like ARM, 8051, PowerPC, Freescale 68K, TI DSP) and embedded operating systems (vxWorks, QNX, LinuxRT).We seek experience with software reverse engineering tools such as IdaPRO or Ghidra.We strive for individuals with the ability to reverse engineer an embedded OS and identify bootloaders, kernels, program code and both static and dynamic drivers.
Other Skills of Interest:
- Development of innovative vulnerability assessment and emulation tools for embedded devices.
- Communications protocols – we don’t work with “traditional” IP protocol suite, we seek experience with proprietary protocols with emphasis on data link layer, network layer and application layer.
- Design and/or testing of embedded circuit boards – experience with test and instrumentation including soldering, use of JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
Other: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and eligible to pursue a Secret DoD security clearance
Hours: Normal M-F, however individual projects may require support on weekends or outside of normal working hours
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Systems Administrator Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs