Embedded Software Engineer - ELSYS 1292
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Information Technology
- Antennas and Propagation
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- Software Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA
The candidate will develop open architecture based, real-time software for Department of Defense systems. A good candidate will be interested in tackling challenging problems for the tactical real-time systems found on aircraft, ships, and ground platforms.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop software for military embedded system applications dealing with platform avionics and offensive/defensive mission systems
- Develop software requirements and design for new or existing applications
- Document and present proposed requirements/design using appropriate visualizations
- Develop software using approved coding standards, open architecture standards, and modular design concepts
- Provide subject matter expertise in the production and refinement of software architecture standards
- Support the development of project budget and schedules for software tasks
Core competencies for this position:
Looking for experience with:
- Software engineering experience with development experience in languages such as Ada 95 and/or C/C++
- Experience with embedded programming using RTOSs with time/space partitioning for avionics and aircraft mission systems
- Experience developing software for embedded systems
- A strong interest in solving the complex problems found in real-time software due to multiple processes and threads working in harmony to accomplish the system’s purpose under timeline constraints
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Can successfully present technical information
- Ability to provide task leadership for small teams of 3-5 engineers
- Ability to learn new skills in a timely manner without supervision
- Ability to self-motivate and derive specific requirements from general tasking descriptions
Research Engineer I
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area.
Research Engineer II
- A Master’s degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related area and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree.
- Professional work experience with C/C++
- US Citizenship
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance within six months after your employment with Georgia Tech Research Institute begins is required
- Master’s Degree
- DoD contract work experience
- Experience applying open architecture standards such as Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) or Open Mission Systems (OMS)
- Five years of applicable software development experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Git, Ada, Java, Python, Perl, Bash, or DXL
- Experience with PTC Integrity (Formerly MKS Integrity) or IBM Rational DOORS
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (LynxOS-178, Green Hills INTEGRITY-178b, VxWorks, etc...)
- Experience applying Software Systems Engineering practices
Georgia Tech Unit:
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI is a great place for intellectually curious, world class technology oriented engineering and scientific talent to work. Our projects are challenging, expanding and cutting edge applied research. In addition we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, professional growth, freedom for approved outside consulting, and a defined career growth strategy.
GTRI employs over 1100 world class engineers and scientists. We recruit talent from such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs (HPC Jobs), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs (EM Jobs) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs (EW Jobs), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Embedded Software Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Antennas and Propagation Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Computer Engineering Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Electromagnetics Jobs
- View more Electronics Engineer Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View more jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Embedded Software jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Information Technology jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Management jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Communications jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Computer Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Consulting jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Electromagnetics jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
View More Jobs in GA:
- View more jobs in Georgia
- Embedded Software jobs in Georgia
- Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Information Technology jobs in Georgia
- Management jobs in Georgia
- Antennas and Propagation jobs in Georgia
- Communications jobs in Georgia
- Computer Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Consulting jobs in Georgia
- Electromagnetics jobs in Georgia
- Electronics Engineer jobs in Georgia
- Software Engineering jobs in Georgia
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Georgia