Embedded Software Engineer-1158
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Software Engineering
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Embedded Software Engineer:
The candidate will develop hard and soft real-time software for Department of Defense systems. A good candidate will be interested in tackling challenging problems for the tactical real-time systems found on aircraft, ships, and unmanned vehicles.
- Develops software for Military embedded system applications dealing with a platform’s offensive and defensive systems
- Develop software requirements and design for new or existing applications
- Documents and presents proposed requirements/design using appropriate visualizations
- Develop software using approved coding standards and processes
- Provides software development estimates
- Software engineering experience with developing in languages such as Ada 95 and/or C/C++.
- Experience with embedded programming using real-time operating systems (RTOSs) or Linux.
- Experience developing software for embedded systems.
- A strong interest in solving the complex problems found in real-time software due to multiple processes and threads working in harmony to accomplish the system’s purpose under time line constraints.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Can successfully present technical information
- Experience with software control of external devices (e.g.., actuators, relays, external systems, etc.)
- Experience developing safety-critical software
- Active DOD clearance is a plus
- Minimum Education: Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Some post graduate education is preferred
- Minimum Experience: 5 years with Bachelor's degree; 3 years with Master's degree
- US Citizen and eligible for DOD clearance
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE:
GTRI is now a group of 1150 world-class engineers and scientists, solving challenging problems for our customers through innovation, cutting edge applied research, and a collaborative work environment.
We have been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years, and offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses on technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Embedded Software Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more Communications Jobs
- View more Consulting Jobs
- View more Software Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View more jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Embedded Software jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Management jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Communications jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Consulting jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Software Engineering jobs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) jobs in Atlanta, Georgia