ELSYS Avionics Project Engineer/Manager - ELSYS 1326
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: ELSYS AVIONICS PROJECT ENGINEER / MANAGER ELSYS 1326
ATLANTA - MIDTOWN BUILDING
This position supports system integration and software development projects for Department of Defense aircraft improvement programs. As a Project Engineer / Manager you will need to:
- Interact with project sponsors as the primary division interface to interpret their needs and requirements, and communicating status of on-going projects.
- Negotiate contracts with sponsors including scope, schedule, and funding.
- Coordinate and schedule internal project engineer's tasking, sponsor meetings, and product deliveries
- Prepares weekly and monthly status reports.
- Clearly communicates and translates sponsor requirements to system engineers.
- Plan project associated product upgrade roadmaps to satisfy known and expected future needs of the sponsor.
- Coordinate project personnel needs with functional managers.
- Communicate project team member performance to functional managers
- Work closely with the assigned lead system engineer to manage the product backlog and system deficiency reports.
- Review, approve, and coordinate all material provided to the sponsor.
- Monitor compliance with GTRI and laboratory policies and practices
- Proven working experience as a project engineer, project manager, and/or program manager
- Experience with DoD acquisition management and associated OSD system engineering requirements
- Experience in system engineering processes and methodologies applicable to complex military systems development.
- Strong collaboration, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to create and deliver presentations effectively.
- Minimum 10 years of applicable experience in a technical field and project engineer/management
- MS Office and Project
- Experience with military aircraft avionics systems, electronic warfare systems, tactical data links, military radios, and open systems architectures
- Minimum Education: Master’s Degree in a project management relevant field.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE:
GTRI is a group of world-class engineers and scientists, solving challenging problems for our customers through innovation, cutting edge applied research, and a collaborative work environment.
We have been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years, and offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses on technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a leading research university committed to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Ranked as the #7 best public university, Georgia Tech provides a focused, technologically based education to more than 21,500 undergraduate and graduate students.
Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation’s top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
Degrees are offered through the colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The strong academic work ethic at Tech is balanced by a collegiate atmosphere incorporating both intercollegiate and intramural sports, campus traditions, and some 400 student organizations.
Alongside their academic achievements, Tech students are also active in the community, earning a well-rounded education through community service activities.
As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 centers focused on interdisciplinary research that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to American government, industry, and business.
There is no doubt that Georgia Tech stands out as a distinctively different kind of university, one that is eagerly encouraging and developing the revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty; strong partnerships with business, industry, and government; and support from alumni and friends, Georgia Tech is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Project Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Jobs