Electrical Engineering Manager
United Technologies Corporation
- Aerospace and Electronic Systems
Job Title:Electrical Engineering Manager
**Job ID:** 44233BR
**Country:** United States
**Job Type:** Full-Time
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years.
Space Systems Rockford is seeking talent for an **ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER** position.
The primary roles and responsibilities of this individual include the leadership, training, coaching, and oversight of the design, development and testing of electrical circuits, electrical assemblies including circuit boards & electrical boxes/panels, electrical networks, and integrated electromechanical assemblies such as motors, generators, and motor driven actuators utilized in the commercial and military Aerospace electrical applications.
A successful candidate will have strong knowledge of and experience with Aerospace/Defense Electronics and Electromechanical Systems and associated electrical design processes. Particularly, electrical circuit design, electrical circuit analysis, high reliability electrical component selection, electrical circuit/assembly testing, and the processing of supporting paper work associated with standard and non-standard electrical parts.
The incumbent will have proven supervisory skills including the promotion of ethical behavior in accordance with UTC’s “Code of Ethics.” Additionally, it is expected that candidates have a history of being self-motivated and possessing the ability to set individual as well as team priorities and to accomplish established goals within a matrixed team environment.
**Tasks assignments include:**
1. Acquire and develop electrical engineering talent through recruiting, hiring, and management processes
2. Ensure compliance to electrical design processes, and provide guidance/direction for the improvement of those processes during electrical development projects/programs
3. Review, maintain, and optimize electrical standard work instructions and maps, ensuring both process completeness and process speed
4. Provide occasional expert electrical design guidance and support to development and production programs
5. Provide electrical design support for internal and customer funded R&D projects from concept to test
6. Support Business Development studies and proposals through electrical design expertise
Maintain and manage electrical group resource needs based on current and anticipated program electrical labor demands
Lead small project teams or multiple project teams in the improvement of electrical processes
Drive any and all electrical failure/mishap investigations to positive conclusion through the use of ACE tools and process enhancement
Company:United Technologies Corporation
Location:Rockford, IL, 61106, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Aerospace and Electronic Systems Jobs
- View more United Technologies Corporation Jobs