Electrical Engineering Manager, Google Home
Job Title:Electrical Engineering Manager, Google Home
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Pulling on your technical and leadership expertise, you lead end-to-end research projects in multiple areas of expertise across data center facilities and manage a team of direct reports working on equipment installation, troubleshooting and debugging.
As Google Home Hardware Electrical Engineering Manager, you will shape the future direction of Electrical Engineering Hardware in the area of Home consumer electronics. You will be responsible for developing a vision for future electrical engineering technologies, building hardware architectures and delivering product solutions to mass production/Google customers. You are a proven industry leader who can work in a rapidly changing industry; you can navigate through ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership. You collaborate with ease with both internal cross-functional teams and external industry suppliers and partners. You thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment in which you influence and lead by example.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Develop a vision and drive product development of innovative consumer electronics for Home applications
* Take ideas from concept to mass production
* Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making with senior-level audiences
* Communicate results and insights with other senior leaders via live presentations and ongoing analysis reporting.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams and suppliers to drive innovation, product direction and delivery.
* BS degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
* 8 years of work experience leading electrical engineering projects
* Experience managing a team of highly technical hardware engineers
* Experience in one or two areas of Electronics Engineering as well as experience in related areas (e.g. Sensors, RF, EMI etc.)
* MS or PhD in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
* 10 years of relevant engineering experience with proven depth and breadth of knowledge in consumer electronics architecture and system design methodologies
* Demonstrated ability to lead a team and execute multiple large/complex and mission-critical projects
* Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to leverage project team to manage project priorities and technical resources
* * *
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location:Mountain View, CA, 94039, USA