Electrical Engineering Controls Co-op
- Quality Control
Job Title:Electrical Engineering Controls Co-op
*Job Location: Hershey, PA*
This Controls Engineering Co-Op has the potential for the selected candidate to work 3 consecutive rotations within the Controls Engineering department depending on your availability.
The available Co-Op position has the opportunity to begin in the fall of 2016, the 2nd rotation in the fall of 2017, and the last rotation in the fall of 2018.
This position may include but is not limited to the following:
* Project Work:* Under the guidance of the controls engineer, the intern may be involved in project work which may include electrical design, equipment/instrument installation, equipment/instrument checkout, project startups and maintenance troubleshooting and support.
* Intern Project:* Working on their own assigned project. Projects may involve developing electrical elementary drawings, writing program logic controller (PLC) programs, Human Machine Interface (HMI) screen development. Project work may also include observing existing plant processes, making recommendations, setting up a test design and working with plant operators and supervisors to troubleshoot existing systems. Researching new technologies to implement in production environments.
* Other:* The student intern may also gain experience in talking to vendors, equipment/instrument selection, equipment/instrument set up and training of manufacturing personnel. The intern may also work with process engineering, packaging engineering, quality assurance, industrial engineering and other Hershey personnel.
* Major:* Sophomore or junior working toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
* Coursework:* The candidate must have completed the basic or introductory courses in the following areas:
* Electrical Theory
* Electrical Design
Coursework or experience in the following areas is not necessary but would be a plus:
* Microsoft Word
* Microsoft Excel
* Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Programming - Ladder Logic
* Human Machine Interface (HMI) Development - AB PanelView or AB RSView
* Food Processing or Manufacturing
Candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
This position may involve international travel.
* Technical Skills: * Ability to use basic electrical instruments such as digital multimeter, current probes and signal calibrators. The successful candidate must also have basic electrical troubleshooting experience.
* Personal Skills: * The successful candidate works well with others, is organized, takes initiative, is dependable, has common sense and is flexible and willing to travel.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Company:The Hershey Company
Location:Hershey, PA, 17033, USA
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Electrical Engineer Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Quality Control Jobs
- View more The Hershey Jobs